Featured Posts

More Durham probe charges possible, Barr

September 10, 2020

Attorney general declines to say whether any charges would be announced prior to Election Day

 

Attorney General William Barr said this week that there “could be” more charges stemming from U.S. Attorney John Durham's monthslong review into alleged misconduct and the origins of the Russia investigation.

 

Barr, during an interview with NBC News this week, was asked whether additional charges could come out of Durham’s probe after the U.S. attorney from Connecticut announced his first criminal charge against former FBI lawyer Kevin Clinesmith last month.

 

“Yeah, there could be,” Barr said while declining to say whether any new charges would be announced prior to Election Day.

 

President Trump, last month, also weighed in on the probe, saying he hoped Durham was "not going to be politically correct," while warning Barr that he could go down as "the greatest attorney general" or just "an average guy" depending on the outcome of the investigation.

 

Durham was appointed by Barr last year to investigate the origins of the FBI’s original Russia probe shortly after former Special Counsel Robert Mueller completed his years long investigation into whether the campaign colluded with the Russians to influence the 2016 presidential election.

 

Durham’s timeline was focused on July 2016, when the FBI’s original Russia probe began, through the appointment of Mueller in May 2017.

 

FULL REPORT

Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Please reload

Please reload