(1) The pardon of Bernie Kerik is completely in line with the rationale for a pardon as described in the Code of Federal Regulation. Bernie has met and exceeded those standards, paid his debt to society, and has been out of confinement more than the requisite five years...
(2) Bernie has a record of distinguished service to the US military, the NYC Department of Correction and, of course, the NYPD, where he was one of the most highly decorated officers before he became Commissioner.
(3) In his work for the City, he reduced violence in our jails by over 80% and as Police Commissioner, he continued to break records for crime reduction.
(4) His courageous leadership for the City on the day of, and after, the terrorist attacks of September 11 was heroic. After almost having lost his life himself, he provided and inspired leadership of a Department facing something that never happened before.
(5) If anyone deserves a pardon it’s my friend, Bernie Kerik. And yes, I along with many, did proudly recommend the pardon to President